Looking for Install Kits? They can now be purchased HERE.
To install your spartan mount, you will need:
Mounting to Drywall:
- Drywall anchors and #8 screws shipped with your mount (2 for most mounts)
- 1/4" drill bit
- Long Screwdriver or extended Phillips bit for your drill
Mounting to Solid Backing:
- #8 Pan Head screws of the proper type and length for your specific mounting material (Never use drywall screws or wood screws with a taper below the head)
- 1/8" drill bit
- Long screwdriver or extended Phillips bit for your drill
- Place your Spartan Mount on the wall, in the location you would like the gun to sit, and with the top edge of the back mounting plate level.
- Using a pencil or pen, mark the hole locations. (Most rifle mounts will use the top two holes when mounting the gun horizontally, and one middle and one top hole when mounting the gun vertically.)
- Remove the mount and drill the 1/4" hole for drywall anchors, or the 1/8" hole for solid backing.
- If using the drywall anchors, gently tap them into the drywall until they are flush with the surface. This should not require much force.
- Align the mount with your holes, and install the two screws. There is no need to over-tighten the screws past the point where they are snug - this may strip something and actually make the anchor point weaker.
- Mount your gun and enjoy!